Southside Homeowner Recovers After Rushing Into Burning House To Save Pets – Action News Jax

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – A homeowner is recovering from a fire that sent him to the hospital with life-threatening injuries Sunday.


All this happened when he allegedly went back inside the house to save his pets.

She, along with other neighbors, said the man who owned the home was transferred to the Gainesville burn unit on Monday.

Action News Jax spoke with the woman who called 9-1-1.

Now, the 9-1-1 caller said he saw her go back into the house when she told him her dogs were still inside.

9-1-1 Operator: “Okay, do you see the smoke.”

Neighbor: “Black smoke is coming from the garage.

“Within minutes, it just got thicker, darker, darker. Scary.”

It was a scary scene for Emily Thibault who said the smoke was spreading quickly. So, she called 9-1-1.

“My husband and I and our baby, we were driving through the neighborhood, we were coming home from a friend’s house and my husband saw smoke and he’s actually a JFRD firefighter and said, ‘Call 9-1-1. Do, it’s definitely a house. Fire’, said Thibault.

Around 4 p.m. Sunday, the Jacksonville Fire Rescue Department responded to a house fire on Ashglen Drive.

Thibault said her husband knocked on her neighbor’s door to get her out.

To hear more about this story, tune in to FOX30 at 10 p.m.

(Download: Free Action Newsjacks app for alerts as news breaks)

(Sign up: Action News Jacques Daily Headlines Newsletter)

Click here To download free Action News Jax news and weather apps, Click here To download Action News Jacks Now app for your smart TV Click here Action News Jacks to live stream.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top