Residents, pets safe after Galloway fire

GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP — A fire broke out at a home in the 400 block of Great Creek Road on Christmas Eve, fire officials said.

At 12:01 a.m. police arrived at a residence that was engulfed in flames. All residents, including pets, were evacuated safely, fire officials said on Facebook, and no one was injured.

Oceanville, Bayview and Pomona volunteer fire companies and the Absecon Fire Department arrived a short time later to help put out the fire, fire officials said. The Township Office of Emergency Management and Emergency Medical Services also assisted.

Great Creek Road was closed between Sloan Avenue and Putney Road for about three hours.

The fire is under investigation.

Contact Selena Vazquez:

609-272-7225

svazquez@pressofac.com

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top