What do you want to know?
Each of the five events will provide spay and neuter surgeries for a total of 35 pets, according to a Feb. 1 news release. Licensed veterinarians will perform surgery at a cost of $25 per pet.
Low-cost spay and neuter events will be held at the Harris County Pets Resource Center, located at 612 Canino Road, Houston, on the following dates:
- Tuesday, February 6
- Saturday, February 10
- Saturday, February 17
- Tuesday, February 20
- Saturday, February 24
To receive a low-cost spay or neuter service, pet owners should:
- Call 281-999-3191 to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Show proof of residence in unincorporated Harris County, such as a driver’s license or other valid ID indicating current address
What they are saying.
“Spaying and protecting your pet is one of the most important things you can do as a responsible pet owner,” said Cory Steele, director of the Veterinary Public Health Division. Harris County Public Health, which operates Harris County Pets, in a statement. “Harris County continues to have a high population of stray animals. Spaying and neutering your pets addresses these challenges. By preventing unwanted litters, we also reduce the risk of stray animals spreading disease and harming the public. pose potential safety risks. The events make it easier and more affordable for pet owners in our community to spay or neuter their pets.”
do you know?
According to Harris County, pets and Humane Society of the United Statesspaying or neutering pets shown:
- Significantly reduce the risk of certain cancers and infections in dogs and cats.
- Lead a long, healthy life
- Help calm aggressive behavior, make pets more trainable and reduce the urge to wander
For those unable to sign up for spay and neuter events in February, Click here To view a list of low-cost spay and neuter services offered by organizations in Harris County.
(Tags translation) Harris County(T)Harris County Pets